Tuesday 16 August 2016

A hot run and a hot swim!

It was forecast to be another hot day so I decided to go for my run first thing before it got too hot!

However, despite this careful planning it was still HOT!

Thankfully I had gone prepared with a drink but I still struggled to maintain a decent pace and I felt like I was running on sand!

I managed 6 miles at an average 9.12 minute mile pace, which is slower than I had wanted but understandable in the heat!

Despite the sun shining all day, this evening I opted out of a lake swim as my shoulder and arm have been sore since I have come back from holiday! I don't think my shoulder was happy with the combination of lugging heavy suitcases and cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge!

I didn't want to get stranded in the middle of the lake in pain so I sensibly decided to try out my shoulder in the pool first to see how it faired! 

Everybody else obviously decided to opt-in to the lake swim as the pool was exceptionally quiet compared with usual! The sun was streaming in through the windows and the water felt like a bath but hey you can't have everything going your way!

I was quite impressed that once I was "warmed-up" my shoulder didn't object too much and I managed 1700 metres or 1.05 miles albeit quite a bit slower than I usually swim! 

I think this means I will perhaps brave the lake later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment