Friday 12 August 2016

1st Post Holiday Run

After a fabulous 3 week holiday it was back to reality today!  

After losing a nights due to the time difference I was exhausted when I eventually went to bed last night at 10pm, however my body clock had other ideas!

I slept well until 3am and then PING I was wide awake!

I got up and watched The Olympics until I decided to go back to bed at 5am for another nap!

Consequently, today has been a struggle!  However, determined to not give in to sleep I did my holiday ironing and then pushed myself to go for my first run in 3 weeks!

After a very busy road trip around California which involved too much food washed down with too much alcohol combined with jetlag I was expecting to find the run a little challenging ... and I wasn't disappointed!

However, despite not feeling healthy I pushed myself and managed to do 4.7 miles at a 9.07 minute mile pace!  Considering it was hot and windy it wasn't as slow as I had anticipated!!!

Just 5 weeks until my next Half Marathon so time to detox and get fit!

I am looking forward to having a goal to aim for!

Bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment