Friday 22 July 2016

Yeah I made it!!

After what has felt like an exceptionally long term we finished school for the Summer yesterday!

We celebrated by doing a "Murder Mystery Town Trail" which I really enjoyed despite there being numerous real-life people on it I could quite happily have murdered! After living here for 24 years I discovered parts of Kendal I didn't even know existed!!

Being the ultra competitive person I am I was delighted when our team arrived at the finish first and had solved all the clues along the way meaning we got the correct murderer and murder weapon! We celebrated by having Pizza and Prosecco, before visiting numerous other bars in town too!

When I woke up this morning feeling fairly human to another hot and sunny day I decided to go for a run immediately before it got too hot!

So by 9am I was out on the streets trying to coax my body into running after maltreating it last night with excessive food and alcohol! My legs weren't keen and my plan to go before it got too hot also failed ... the sun was already very hot!

Thankfully I had had the good sense to take a drink with me so I pushed on despite feeling the desperate urge to walk! The hill after a couple of miles nearly finished me off but determination kept me plodding along!

I managed 6.00 miles at a 9.13 minute mile pace!  Not as fast as I would have liked but not bad considering how hot it was, also I have had an exceptionally busy week at work and there was an army of toxins marching around my blood stream!

I will worry about getting faster and fitter when I return from my jollies!


No comments:

Post a Comment