Sunday 3 April 2016

Lots of walking!

On Thursday we walked a nice 5 mile route and conquered Bakestall which is our 58th Wainwright! This was hard going as the path just went straight up, no meandering around the fell! By the time we got to the top we were exhausted!




On Friday I walked 7 miles with 2 friends and conquered Sheffield Pike in extreme wind, cold and sleet!  I was worried I was going to get blown off the top at times, but thankfully we survived! It would have been a really nice scenic route if the elements hadn't decided to go against us! One I would definitely do again in better weather!




Yesterday, I woke up to torrential rain and got that sinking feeling in my stomach when I realised I was supposed to be meeting a friend for a swim in Windermere!

I was determined that I wasn't going to wuss out - after all its just rain and I will be wet anyway!

I arrived at 10 am as arranged and the lake was very murky looking and it was still raining BUT it was as calm as calm can be!



I began to feel a bit more hopeful that it would be an OK swim!

I got changed into my wet suit and did some positive self talk.

Once I got into the lake and started swimming I forgot about the rain and had a really good swim! I didn't even notice the cold until the last 50 metres or so when my feet started to feel numb!

It was one of the more enjoyable lake swims I have done recently!

Last night I was at a 50th Birthday party so this morning I wasn't feeling very bright and breezy or ready for my 8 mile run but I wasn't going to not go!

After a Weetabix breakfast I set off with a route in mind.  I didn't want to worry about my pace so I decided to run with my heart instead and using my Heart Rate Monitor kept my heart rate at a constant rate!

When I got home I was surprised to see that I had run 8.39 miles at an average 8.45 minute mile pace which I am really pleased about under the circumstances!

Hopefully, weather permitting I will get out on my bike tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment