Monday 4 April 2016

In the Pool!

This morning when I woke up I was disappointed that the weather forecast had got it wrong - again! Instead of the cloudy day I was expecting we had rain!

I am a total fair weather cyclist as wet roads scare me, so I changed my plans!  Instead of going for a bike ride I headed to the swimming pool!

I was expecting there to be hoardes there on a wet morning in the Easter Holidays!  The main pool was very very busy but luckily for me there was only one other person in the lanes so I had a really good swim apart from my goggles not playing nicely!  Initially they kept steaming up and then they started leaking so I spend most of my time frantically adjusting them at the end of each length!


I did my standard 1700 metres in 38 minutes 8 seconds then I continued swimming until I had done a hour!  Altogether I swam 2700 metres (1.68 miles) which is the furthest I have swum in a while!

Time to work more on increasing my speed now!

This evening it was my "Women on the Run" Running group. With it being the Easter Holidays I was expecting it to be a quiet one as everyone is so busy with other things! However, I was surprised when 15 ladies turned up ready to run and thankfully the rain had stopped!

We had a great 5 mile run at an average 10.12 minute mile pace! I can't believe how much faster they are getting in such a short time!

I am very proud of them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment