Tuesday 5 April 2016

A cycle and swim

This morning was a dull but dry day so I took the opportunity to get out for a short blast on my bike! You never know when it will be dry again in this part of the world!

I decided to do a practise of the Kendal Tri Bike route, to see if I could perfect climbing the hills in the correct gear and descending without falling off!

The roads on the route are appalling - absolutely full of pot holes which made it a little scary at times! They aren't even just little potholes you can bounce over, but more if you hit one you might disappear forever! I had to really keep my eyes peeled and hoped I didn't hit any!


I really enjoyed the ride although I am still not happy with

a) my climbing skills
b) my cornering skills
c) my descending skills

I think I am going to need an awful lot more hours in the saddle before The Windermere Triathlon in July as its certainly too late to worry about it now for Kendal's in 2 weeks time!

I cycled 12.97 miles at an average speed of  14.1 MPH, not the 15 MPH I was aiming for but getting there!

This evening I had a swim date in the lake!  

After the lovely calm swim at the weekend I was hoping for more of the same - but I was sadly disappointed!

Stand watching the waves rippling across the lake send shivers through me but I tried to stay positive.

Once kitted out in my full gear we set off for the jetty where 2 teenage lovers were canoodling!  The thought that I was going to be watched and judged by this pair escalated my fears but also made me more determined that I was going to beat the lake and not make a fool out of myself!

Once I got swimming, although it was hard work battling the waves I forgot my fear and actually enjoyed it!

However, I was exhausted at the end after swimming only 0.36 mile but I DID IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment