Wednesday 6 April 2016

Hills are our friends!

When I woke up this morning it was overcast but dry so as the weather forecast was horrendous for later I decided to go for an early run!

I had set myself the challenge of doing some hill reps on a seriously long hill about a mile from where I live.

I set my Garmin up to help me with the training!  

Literally just as I got to the bottom of the street the heavens opened and torrential rain started!  I did consider turning around and going home but I was already soaking wet through so I thought I might as well continue!

I started off with a warm-up (much needed in the weather!), then once I was at the hill I ran 0.20 miles up, then 0.10 miles down until I eventually made it to the top!  This took four intervals and was seriously hard going especially in the rain and wind, then I had to run home which involved more hills - however there was also a nice long descent to enjoy!

Altogether I ran 6.1 miles, climbed 781 feet all at an average 9.43 minute mile pace which I am really pleased with considering the elevation and weather!

I am going to try and repeat this route regularly to strengthen my climbing legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment