Wednesday 30 March 2016

A busy week!

Despite the weather forecast being dire for this week I think we have escaped quite lightly!

Yesterday started off wet and miserable but by the afternoon the sun decided to show it's face and we managed to conquer another Wainwright. We did a lovely, scenic and relatively easy walk up Silver Howe. A walk I would definitely recommend if you have an afternoon to fill!



This morning started off wet again so I decided to go to the local swimming pool and get some lengths in! I was really surprised how quiet it was considering it was a wet morning in the school holidays! I did 1700 metres in 39 minutes and really enjoyed it!

Luckily by the afternoon the rain had stopped as I had a lake swimming date with a friend! When I got to the lake I was feeling slightly apprehensive as my swim on Sunday hadn't gone well!

The lake still looked choppier than I would have liked but I did a lot of positive self-talk whilst getting changed into my wet suit which appeared to do the trick! 




I got in and didn't have that awful panicky feeling I got on Sunday!  
In fact I felt quite comfortable as I set off to do the route we had agreed on!

Although it was choppy I really enjoyed the swim and didn't let the waves slapping me in the face put me off!

Once I got home I decided to do a short run to warm up after the lake!

I didn't have high hopes of having a fast run as I was feeling tired but instead about stressing about pace I just set off to enjoy the act of running!

I was amazed when I got home that I had run 3.6 miles at an average 8.22 minute mile pace! 

This is a good pace for me!

Feeling very positive at the moment about how my training is going!

Bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment