Friday 4 March 2016

Stood up!

This morning when I drew back the curtains I was welcomed with a carpet of snow!  Luckily as the day went on the snow melted and by this evening it had totally disappeared!

Tonight I was supposed to be going out on a bike ride but I was stood up by a friend! Although I am sure he will beg to differ! I was wanting to get some tips about what gears to use!

I rushed home from work, quickly got changed into my cycling gear before pedalling frantically to the local leisure centre for 4.15pm to meet my friend.

4.15pm came and went and so did 4.20pm.  I text to see what was happening and got no reply so at 4.30pm after texting again I gave up!  I could have soldiered on and gone for a ride on my own but the wind and dark clouds put me off so I went home instead!

I managed the grand distance of 1.71 miles but on a positive note I got a little more cleat practice in!

Eventually I got a text back from my friend at 5.30pm saying he was there waiting for me at 4.15pm but hadn't seen me!

Very strange and I am still clueless regarding gears!

Tomorrow morning its an early get-up for the Fell Foot Parkrun where my beginners running club will be running their first 5K non-stop run!

Fingers crossed the weather is OK for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment