Saturday 5 March 2016

Beginners Graduation!

This morning my "Women On The Run"  beginners running group "Graduated" at Fell Foot Parkrun, running a Parkrun for the first time and what a fantastic job they did.  I couldn't be more proud!

I left my home town of Kendal at 8.10am for the 17 mile journey to Fell Foot!  I picked up 3 of my members on the way arriving at around 8.40am,  in plenty of time for the 9am start!

We all met in the car park and there was a lot of nervous (and cold) ladies!

However, Once we got going we weren't cold for long! I said I would stay with whoever was the slowest, as I didn't want anyone running on their own!

I really enjoyed the run, especially as I got some sneaky sprint intervals in!  I sprinted off ahead to get "in situ" to take photo's before joining the back runner again! It worked perfectly for us all!

It was a cold but sunny morning, and the Fell Foot Parkrun is still operating on the "alternative" route after the December floods flooded the original route!  

Unfortunately for my ladies this involves a hill, that needs to be conquered 5 times!  Funnily enough I didn't enlighten them to this before we went!  I didn't want to be on my own!

However, they were rewarded adequately after the run!  

I presented them with a medal, a goody bag (containing alcohol) and CAKE!  

What more does a lady need?!








After the Parkrun I went home for a shower and some lunch before going for a 3 mile walk with the dog!

Once I got home I still had itchy feet so decided I needed to go for a run, for me, at my own pace!  Recently I seem to either be going too slow for my natural pace or too fast for my natural pace so consequently I really enjoyed just running, on my own, without worrying about leaving anyone behind or being left behind!

I ran 3.6 miles at an average 8.42 minute mile pace and did I mention I really really enjoyed it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment