Thursday 24 March 2016

Schools out for Easter!

It was the last day of term today and despite getting drenched this morning walking the whole school down to church for an Easter Service I have had a good day!

As soon as we finished school I went for a run! There was no time to mess as my daughter was coming home for Easter and needed picking up!

It was still raining but judging by the Easter forecast I will just need to get on with it whatever the weather throws at me! Just 3 weeks until my first tri of the season!

I set off determined to do around 6 miles!  My legs were initially feeling heavy but I wasn't going to listen to them!  As I ran (in the rain!) I started to feel better and my legs loosened up a little.

At around the 3 mile mark just when I was going up a hill I became aware of another runner in close proximity to me and I was determined he/she wasn't going to overtake me so I pushed harder!

About 5 minutes after reaching the top of the hill and just as I was recovering my breath this other runner pulled up alongside me.  I thought he was going to zoom on by but he started talking saying "Thanks for pulling me up that hill!  I was determined you weren't going to get away from me!". 

I didn't admit to trying to get away from him!

However, he then ran with me until we got back into town and that made me maintain my pace!  If I had been left to my own devices I definitely would have slowed!

I did a total of 7 miles at an average 8.45 minute mile pace!

What has amazed me is when I look at Strava "Fly By's"  he had been following me right from the start but I never noticed - thankfully or I might have blown up completely!

Its good to have someone to push you on!







No comments:

Post a Comment