Wednesday 23 March 2016

Physio followed by Swim!

This evening I went for a "maintanance" Physio session just to make sure my old body stays in peak condition whilst I ramp up the miles on the approach to the season!

I am glad I did as my Quadriceps were extremely tight and needed quite a bit of work on them to loosen them - a recipe for another injury if I am not careful!

After 45 minutes of pain I was done and feeling like I had run a marathon!

However, my physio said it was OK for me to still go swimming, so off I trot home for something light to eat before going to the Tri Club Swimming Session.

My legs really weren't in "kicking mood" and I was pleased that a few of the drills involved using a pool buoy which gave them a break!

However, after the drills came a speed session which didn't really happen for me but I pushed as hard as I could!

Altogether I swam 2200 metres (1.37 miles) so feeling quite good now, although legs are feeling exceptionally tired and heavy!

Hopefully they will be recovered by the morning and ready for a long run tomorrow evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment