Tuesday 22 March 2016

A little Choppy!

Tonight I went for a swim in Lake Windermere!  I was looking forward to it as the lake temperature had gone up considerably compared with last week so I was expecting a pleasant swim.





When I met my swimming pal David, he had brought along another friend with him so I was feeling slightly stressed about the added pressure of swimming with someone else who was fast!  

Although David is much faster than me he humours me and swims at my speed.  Tonight, I was worrying about being left on my own so I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I first got in the lake.

"I can't do this" thoughts kept popping up in my head as I made my way to the first buoy but I tried to push them aside and concentrated on counting my strokes instead!

The lake was choppier than I would have liked and I am not convinced the water temperature reported was correct as I felt it was much colder than last week. Maybe this was because the air temperature was cooler and the wind was stronger!

OR maybe I had just got myself in a negative frame of mind.

Anyhow, despite "the little devil in my head's" best efforts I didn't give up and although I didn't enjoy the swim as much as I have done lately I still managed not too badly and swam 0.31 miles - which is quite far enough in current temperatures!

Once home, I quickly got changed into my running gear and went for a run to warm my body up!

I didn't feel like I was running very well and felt stiff and tired after my swim but I was delighted to see I had actually run 3.6 miles at an average 8.34 minute mile pace.

Not such a bad evening after all!



I have now been swimming in Open Water for 46 weeks!

Not long before I can claim full bragging rights of being an "all year round Open Water Swimmer!"










No comments:

Post a Comment