Monday 21 March 2016

Club Run!

Surprisingly I am not aching after yesterdays adventures, I am just extremely tired as I didn't sleep very well last night! Thankfully I only have 3 more days to survive and then it's the Easter Holidays and I get 2 weeks worth of lie-ins!

Tonight was my "Women on the Run" Running club run, so despite being exhausted I didn't have the option of a rest day although it was another nice night which made it easier!

Hopefully tonight's run will be the last "dark" run for several months as the clocks change at the weekend! 

We will then start to benefit from the lighter nights which means a whole new array of routes for me to take the ladies on!

Back to tonight!

All was going well with 16 ladies turning up and we were having a pleasant run.  Then disaster struck, one of my ladies tripped and fell and made a right mess of her knee and was unable to continue.

However, camaraderie kicked in with one member staying with the injured one and 2 others "sprinting" off to get the car and first aid kit whilst the rest of the group continued on the run.

We got back to the car park just as the injured lady and first aid party returned.

Despite this little hiccup it was a nice run at a faster than normal pace for the group! We covered 4.3 miles at an average 10.23 minute mile pace!








No comments:

Post a Comment