Wednesday 16 March 2016

Nervous Breakdown awaits!

The plan I had for this evening was to get home from work promptly, take the dog for a short walk and then to go out on my bike for short spin, after which I was going have a light dinner before going to Tri Club Swimming at 8pm.

However, all the best laid plans and all that!

I haven't been in a particularly good mood today and some people have been intent on pushing my buttons!


To make matters worse I was late leaving work and was feeling highly agitated and stressed but I was still telling myself that I was going out on my bike!

I got in the car and set off home ...  but ... with other car drivers (who sit at junctions waiting for a written invitation to pull out), the bloody roadworks and the idiots who operate the traffic lights finished me off completely!

By the time I got home I was fuming and not in a good place.

So the dog got his short walk, and then I sat with a coffee and chocolate feeling sorry for myself!

Sitting alone in a quiet room helped (or the coffee and chocolate did!) and I slowly started to feel myself relax.  I gave myself a stern talking to about allowing work to get in the way of "me time" and felt guilty for not doing my time on the bike!

However, I pulled myself together enough to go swimming and I am so glad I did!

I came out feeling a whole lot better despite an hour of torture in the form of drills and speed sets!

Altogether I swam 2275 metres!






No comments:

Post a Comment