Tuesday 15 March 2016

Feeling Tired ... but good!

It has been a lovely clear sunny spring like day today and I was
looking forward to a nice swim in the lake.


The water temperature was slightly higher than it was last week but the air temperature today was much higher!

I met my friend, got kitted out in my wet suit, socks, gloves, 2 hats and goggles whilst he waited for me in just his trunks! (he is a total lunatic!).

Once in I just focused on the route we had agreed to swim and just emptied my mind and swam! Thankfully it was a fairly calm lake! So I could totally zone out and I really enjoyed it!  We only swam 500 metres but it felt good.






I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so we can do some longer lake swims!

Once I got home I got changed into my running kit and did a short "warm-up" run!

When I first set off I was still very cold from my swim and I felt really tired and lethargic.  I thought to myself  "If I still feel like this in a little while I will take a short cut home".  However, I soon got over the heavy feeling and started to enjoy it!

I ran 3.6 miles at an average 8.48 minute mile pace and I certainly wasn't cold when I got home!

Once home I had the lovely task of washing my wet suit and all the other kit and caboodle that goes with the territory!

It really would be easier to brave it without a wet suit!

One day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment