Sunday 27 March 2016

Happy Easter Sunday!

This morning I went for a swim in Windermere with my swimming friend David.

I had decided that whatever the weather we were going as I had to get used to all conditions just in case it was terrible on race day!

However, this morning I really wasn't feeling it!

It was cold, windy, rainy and choppy and I stood on the edge of the jetty watching the waves rolling across the lake wondering what on earth I was doing!

When I first got in I got the "OMG THAT IS COLD" sensation and I never managed to get over it!

The waves kept slapping me in the face and despite getting an impromptu break to have a look at a beautiful rainbow that had appeared across the lake I really felt crap.

I ended up going back to shore and only managed 0.19 mile which I was really disappointed with!

I really need to man up!

Especially since my first Triathlon of the season is in just 3 weeks time!

I did my first "brick session" yesterday in realisation of this fact and today I decided I best look seriously at setting some goals to achieve on the day!

I have decided on 3 goals.  

A. The slowest time I would be happy with.
B. A realistic time I think I can achieve.
C. A "Dreams are made of this, Too good to be true" time.


400 Metre Swim: 

A. 8:52      B. 8:40  C. 8:30
Transition 1:  

A. 2:01      B. 1:30   C. 1:30
18K Cycle: 

A. 47:30     B.  46:00  C. 44:50
Transition 2: 

A. 3.10        B.  1:20    C. 1:10
5K run: 

A.27:10        B. 26:30   C. 26:00

TOTAL FINISH TIME:
A. 1:28:03  
B. 1:24:00
C. 1:22:00

Now I need to get on with it and train!

No comments:

Post a Comment