Friday 11 March 2016

A Gear Training Session!

Tonight I met the friend who stood me up last week for a Gear Training session!

Initially he talked me through the technicalities of the gears but I think when he saw the glazed look on my face he decided to give up and suggest we just go for a ride to see what we could do!

Whilst riding he was giving me instructions such as "Move front gear shifter up/down a gear!" and I would respond "Left or right side, big or little lever?".  

He soon got the hang of my dire gear knowledge and started saying "Right side little, left side little, right side little, right side big!".  

We had a laugh at this new style of training but it seemed to work for me and I understood a little more about when I should be changing and why!

We only did 9.1 miles but I really enjoyed it and believe it or not I now feel a little more knowledgeable about gears than I did!

However, my friend informed me my gears weren't set up quite "right" and suggested I went into a local bike shop to get them "tweaked". 

I am going to pop in in the morning to see what they can do before I go for a ride with a friend!




No comments:

Post a Comment