Saturday 12 March 2016

A Bad Start!

Today I went out with a friend for a short cycle ride.

However, before I met Sharon I needed to go to the local bike shop to get my gears "tweaked".

I set off with plenty of time to spare and just as I pulled up in front of the shop I noticed I had a flat tyre!

I went in explaining what I needed doing (well in pigeon English) and then fluttered my eye lashes saying I also had a puncture.  He changed my inner tube (and found a nasty piece of glass in my tyre!) as well as fixing my gears so it was a good result and I even made it back in time to meet Sharon!

We went on a enjoyable steady paced 20 mile cycle and it was nice to get the opportunity to "play" with my gears and to experiment without the pressure of having to go fast!

Dare I say that it is beginning to sink in and I now realise why I should change gears at certain times!

On another positive note the unclicking of my cleats seems to be becoming much more familiar and I am not stressing nearly as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment