Sunday 13 March 2016

Feeling Goosed!

Today I met someone from the "Cycling Buddy" group and went for a very nice cycle!

It was perfect weather for a ride out in the country and the sun even shone down on us at times!

The only problem was ... my legs!

They weren't very happy with me and screamed at me every time we went up a hill but I was determined not to slow the poor bloke down any more than absolutely necessary and gave it my all!

Thankfully I am beginning to get much more confident with my SPD-SL's and have stopped thinking "What happens if I need to stop!".  I now know I CAN get out of them fairly successfully! I am still not completely competent at gear changes especially getting it right going up hill but it is coming along nicely!

Today, I cycled 30.82 miles at an average 14 MPH with 1627 feet of elevation! 

It is slightly embarrassing that I struggled so much near the end as the person I cycled with had already cycled 25 miles before we met and had another 25 miles to go afterwards!

However in my defence, looking back at my Strava Stats, no wonder I am tired - the last time I went for a half decent ride on my bike was on the 24th July 2015 which was 24 milesIn hindsight perhaps doing a 10 mile ride on Friday, followed by a 20 mile ride on Saturday wasn't the best preparation for a long ride today!

Altogether I have cycled 63 miles in 3 days!

Things can only get better and with Windermere Tri only 16 weeks away they need to - fairly rapidly!

On wards and upwards!

After a Sunday Roast and several glasses of wine I now have a warm glow coursing through my body and feel ever so slightly delirious! 








No comments:

Post a Comment