Saturday 19 March 2016

A Double Run!

Yesterday was my rest day which I was really ready for! 

In order to relax and rest fully I went out to a Pizza Party at a friends house and drank a little too much wine!

THEN, I was up early this morning for Fell Foot Parkrun!  

Thankfully I was running with my "Women On The Run" running Club so pace wasn't an issue! I always stay with the slowest runner in our group to give encouragement and support.

Fell Foot park run has been operating an "alternative" route since the terrible floods in December. 

However, today, 14 weeks later the run was back on the original route for the first time!  I was really pleased about this as the alternative route had a killer hill in it that had to be scaled 5 times! I'm not sure I could have coped with that this morning!

The Ladies all did a fantastic job and I really enjoyed the run!  A nice crisp run along the lake - whats not to love!


Once I got home I decided I needed to do a run "for me", so whilst I still had my running gear on I decided to go for a short blast to wake up my legs! Thankfully, my hangover was subsiding!

Kendal triathlon is only 4 weeks away so I decided it would be a good idea to do a recce of the run route!

I really enjoyed this run and really surprised myself by doing the 5K run in 26 minutes at an average 8.13 minute mile pace!  I even did the 3rd mile in 7 minutes 38 seconds which is amazingly fast for me!

Maybe I am finally getting my fitness back!

Another "epic" bike ride to endure tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment