Saturday 20 February 2016

Pushing it and failing!

This morning I woke up and felt a little more "with it" so decided to go on a short run!

Big Mistake!

The first mile went OK considering it was cold, wet and very windy but then it all went down hill from there!

I really struggled just to put one foot in front of the other and if the weather hadn't been so awful I probably would have stopped and walked!

I plodded on and somehow made it home after running 3.81 miles at an average 9.43 minute mile pace.

Once home I realised just how bad I felt - the world was spinning and I felt really ill!  I even had to resort to a sit down shower as my legs weren't going to entertain standing up for any longer!

After having something to eat and resting on the sofa for a few hours I started to feel "human" again, which is lucky really as I had a bike fit appointment at 6pm at The Body Rehab in Staveley!

I had been really looking forward to getting my new bike fitted to my exact measurements but I was worried I was going to be put through some rigorous fitness tests which I knew I wasn't up to.

I considered cancelling but then decided to "man-up" and go, hoping he would be gentle with me.

I needn't of worried he was very gentle with me!

It was fascinating seeing myself pedaling in slow motion and having all my faults pointed out to me!

I don't think he left anything in it's original place - cleats were moved along with the saddle, brakes and handlebars!

Just from pedalling it whilst there on the turbo trainer it feels amazingly different and the saddle is amazingly high!

Here's hoping we get some half decent weather so I can risk life and limb again out on the open roads and test it out! I am now expecting to whizz past everyone who usually whizzes past me!

I am also hoping that this enables me to wave good bye to all my recent injuries and I can train successfully this year! I can live in hope!




No comments:

Post a Comment