Sunday 21 February 2016

Forced in the pool by rain!

I got up this morning with the hope that the weather would be fair so I could test my bike out!

Alas, as per usual it was chucking it down and blowing a gale!
Image result for rain bike cartoon

The bike will have to stay in the garage for another day!

Instead I went to the pool for a swim.

I expected it to be busy - after all it was a Sunday morning and the weather was horrendous - but luckily for me the lanes were really quiet although the main part of the pool was jammed packed with kids!

I set off to do my usual 1700 metre set.

I was still feeling fairly lethargic so mainly concentrated on my form rather than stressing about pace.

I completed this 1700 metre set in 38 minutes 26 seconds, which is an average 2.16 minute/100m pace.

After an one minute rest I continued swimming and managed an extra 900 metres.

In total I swam 2600 metres in 1 hour and 54 seconds, which is an average 2.18 minute/100m pace.

Hopefully my endurance will be improving with continuously swimming longer sets like this.

The weather continued to be horrendous all day so I still haven't ventured out on my bike and tomorrow night is my running club night so that is another day gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment