Tuesday 26 January 2016

Janathon Day 26: Floods, Floods and more Floods!

When oh when is this weather going to give us a break here in Cumbria! Instead of deep white snow and crisp cold air we expereinced last week we've now got rain, gales and flooding -again!

It is unbelievable - Bring back proper winter weather!!
I dare say by the time May comes we will all be facing hosepipe bans due to drought!

Due to the horrendous weather and flooded roads I decided to take the safer option of going to the pool for a swim.

I expected it to be packed out but Thankfully it wasn't too busy and for once everyone in my "slow" lane were going at around my pace so there was none of the usual lane rage!

I decided to do what I did last week and swim for an hour to see how far I got!

I swam for 59 minutes 48 seconds and did 2500 metres (1.55 miles) in total. This is 50 metres more than I managed in the same time last week!

I did my first set consisting of 1700 metres (1.05 miles) in 39 minutes 31 seconds. 

I am going use this as my benchmark to see whether I improve over the coming weeks!!



Total Janathon Running miles:  76.76
Total Janathan Walking miles:   25.75
Total Janathan Cycling miles:      Zero 
Total Janathon Swimming miles:   8.28

TOTAL JANATHON MILEAGE: 110.79

Positive thought for the day: We have been fortunate enough to escape the floods in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment