Sunday 24 January 2016

Janathon Day 24 - A dip in the lake!

Last night we went out for a meal and Cocktails with my Daughter as a belated Birthday Celebration.  I had far too much to eat and drink but this morning I still managed a very quick dip in the lake. 

It was a misty morning but the lake was relatively calm, just a few waves rippling around from the boats etc.

I find it truly amazing how the body reacts to cold water swimming.  On the way out to the buoy we were aiming for I felt quite comfortable and didn't find the water too cold bearing in mind I am totally covered sporting a wetsuit, socks, gloves and 2 hats. whereas David who I swim with goes in in just his trunks and a hat!!

Anyhow, after feeling fairly confident my energy was suddenly zapped and I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere on the way back! 

We only swam 280 metres.  It doesn't sound much but it's still 11 lengths of the pool plus a bit more!

I made it back to the jetty and the boathouse where we get changed and surprisingly I am still not shivering once I get out!

Only 14 weeks to go until I can say I am an all-year round Open Water Swimmer! I WILL do it!

I have recently found a website that feeds my geeky side!  

It tells you the water temperature etc in Windermere! 

Now I can compare my good swims and bad swims and see if there is a common denominator causing me issues!
Lake Temperature
Air Temperature

Wind Speed MPH











This afternoon we went for a walk with the dog but had to take a detour as we found yet another bridge in Kendal that is closed due to structural damage caused by the December floods.  If Cumbria County Council don't get on it soon and start mending some bridges we will be stranded on one side of the river or the other as there will be no safe bridges!

So I have 3.44 walking miles and 0.17 swimming miles to add to my Janathon totals.

Total Janathon Running miles:  69.17
Total Janathan Walking miles:   25.75
Total Janathan Cycling miles:      Zero 
Total Janathon Swimming miles:   6.73

TOTAL JANATHON MILEAGE: 101.65

Positive thought for the day: I can accomplish anything I set my mind to!


No comments:

Post a Comment