Thursday 3 December 2015

Why do I Blog?

I had a very weird comment today about my blog!  

Personally I don't think I should have to defend myself but a little part of me needs to!


So here goes!

I started blogging several years ago as a means of documenting my journey to getting fit!

It is primarily for my own benefit and I enjoy blogging.  It makes me think more clearly about the events in my life and acts as a personal journal. Its all about recording my thoughts down at that particular point in my life, good or bad!

Image result for blogging quotesWhen I am training for an event and things aren't going so well I can read back through my past posts to a time I was training for a similar event and gain confidence from how far I have come and clearly see that I have improved over time despite what the little voice inside my head is telling me!

Without my blog I would have forgotten some of the details that have helped me to push myself beyond my comfort zone and improve! 

We all love to recommend something we have found enjoyable or beneficial! The fullness of joy is not experienced until we have shared that joy with others. This blog provides me with an opportunity to do that. It provides me with a platform to share the joy I have experienced and recommend the good things I have discovered to others.

IF people read my blog and find it interesting and inspirational and if in some small way it helps them along their fitness journey all the better, but IF no one ever read it I would still continue to blog as I find it an extremely useful tool!

I can clearly set out my goals and remind myself daily where I am heading!

Image result for blogging quotesSomeone once insinuated "Get a Life", my answer to that is "I have a life", if I didn't, I wouldn't have anything to blog about! 


So the answer to the question Why do I blog?

Is simply 

FOR MYSELF!

Whatever anyone else might think or say I really don't care - 

It won't stop me!


Image result for blogging quotes



No comments:

Post a Comment