Saturday 5 December 2015

FLOODS again!

Both the weather and my health are definitely conspiring against me at the moment! Getting fed up of both now!

This morning I was supposed to be supporting 3 of my ladies from WOTR whilst they ran their first 5K Parkrun, then I was going to hotfoot it over to Langdale to run the Langdale 10K Christmas Pudding Road Race.

However, yesterday I got notification that the parkrun was cancelled due to flooding which I was slightly relieved about as it would mean less stress for me trying to get from one place to another within a tight time scale.

THEN this morning I got another notification to say the 10K was also cancelled!

Now I am just waiting to hear about the Christmas Party I am SUPPOSED to be going to this evening!  The way it is going that will be cancelled too as its in Tee-pees in the middle of a field!!  I don't think any of the staff will get there to serve us even if we do as all the surrounding roads are currently closed due to flooding!  
We are like an Island cutoff from the rest of Cumbria! 



No comments:

Post a Comment