Friday 2 October 2015

Fed up and unappreciated!

What a week! Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong!

I haven't even been able to "run-off" my frustrations as I have been taking it easy this week as I have a 15K trail race tomorrow!

The only exercise I have done is a recce of the run route I will be doing on Monday with my Ladies in my new running club called Women on the run!

This consisted of 3 minutes run and 1 minute walk intervals repeated 10 times and I covered 3.43 miles.  However, I think I possibly ran too fast and I will be interested to see what my ladies do on Monday!

So tomorrow I have my first race since my calf injury and my first race for several months!

Its a Trail Run starting at Coniston, other than that I don't know much else about the route! 

I do know that it will be hard as it's a trail race and I am not at my fittest but I am hoping just to finish it and to enjoy the views!  

On a positive note the weather forecast is looking good - lots of sun and no rain - at the moment!!!

I am going to be wearing my "Women On The Run" vest for the first time during a race - might as well advertise whenever I can! 

Although if I collapse unconscious it won't be a very good advert!

The best thing about tomorrows race is it doesn't start until 1pm so no silly early get-up which means I have risked a sneaky Gin and Tonic this evening to help relax my stressed nerves!

No comments:

Post a Comment