Sunday 4 October 2015

Feeling tired and down!

Yesterday I did my first race since my calf injury!

The Coniston 15K Lakeland Trails run!

I knew I wasn't 100% ready for it but I hadn't truly appreciated just how unfit I currently am!

My aim was just to enjoy the race and finish it - no goals in mind!

I did the latter and finished it but I can't say I enjoyed it!

I think this was probably the hardest 15K I have ever run in my life!  Despite the glorious views and Autumn sunshine I hated every second!

I really must start to look at race elevations before booking them willy nilly and happily turning up oblivious to the pain ahead!

I struggled from the outset and never got into my pace!  The hills were humongous - I don't think anybody, however fit there are, could possibility keep running up to the top!

I certainly had to do a lot of walking!  

More walking than I have ever done whilst I'm supposed to be running!  The main problem I had was trying to persuade my body that it was time to run again once the steep bits were over!

Not an enjoyable experience and not a race I would rush to do again!

Surprisingly my body seems to have forgiven me and I am fairly ache free today, just feeling extremely tired and old!

I now have 4 weeks to get race ready for my next race - Helvellyn Lakeland Trail, thankfully I had the sense to book the 10K!

Today, I have had a number of friends running in the Chester Marathon and Metric Marathon! I have been tracking their progress and hearing their motivational stories which has got me inspired to perhaps run it again next year, despite saying never again!

On Friday I got rejected yet again from the London Marathon and I must admit I didn't feel too distressed about it but now I have the urge to do it all again!

Chester was my first marathon and has been my favourite so if London is not meant to be, it might as well be Chester ... or New York!  

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment