Wednesday 2 September 2015

It's all over!

Today is the last day of the School Summer Holidays, which means the end of my freedom and it's back to the grindstone tomorrow after a very enjoyable 6 and a half weeks off!  

I am certainly not ready for going back and I don't understand people who can possibly say they ARE ready to go back because they are bored!  

After my run this morning I have made the most of my last day by sitting around relaxing and doing very little at all until this evening when I went for another swim in Lake Windermere with my swimming friend David.

The only problem was after a glorious day the rain had set in and the temperatures had dropped considerably so I was bracing myself for a chilly swim.

Thankfully, yet again by the time I got to Windermere the rain had stopped, but it was exceptionally choppy!  It always seems to be choppy when I swim!  I think the lake just likes pushing me to my limits!

I was pleasantly surprised that the water temperature wasn't too bad, so I only had the chop to contend with!  On the way there it was hard work as the waves were coming at us from a front and sideways angel and I was constantly getting slapped in the face and getting water forced down my throat!

Thankfully, on the return we had the waves behind us so it was a lot easier and more enjoyable!

My only concern was when we were stopped by a boat from the Freshwater Biological Association who informed us he had set nets out and we were to avoid the area!  I didn't ask and don't really want to know what they were hoping to catch or why!

Anyhow after battling the waves I managed 1.27 miles in 41 minutes 52 seconds!





No comments:

Post a Comment