Wednesday 2 September 2015

Stopped in my tracks by cows!

When I woke up this morning it was a fabulous day!  The sky was blue and the sun was shining so I decided to take advantage and go for a trail run!

I haven't been for a trail run since my injury as I have been anxious about tripping or twisting something but I felt compelled to give it a go today!

I donned my vest and shorts and set off along the River Kent!

Unfortunately the narrow tracks were very overgrown with brambles, nettles and thistles so my arms and legs were assaualted along the way but it didn't deter me!

However, after I left the woods and had headed out into the fields I was greeted by a herd of cows standing guard at the gate I needed to pass through!

They didn't look like they were up for moving so I took the decision to brave getting stung and prickled again rather than risk being chased by cows, and turned around and went back the same route I came!

Despite returning the same way I still really enjoyed it and ended up running 3.69 miles! You can view my route here!

I do really enjoy going off road as I don't think about the pace I am doing I just enjoy the scenery and terrain!







No comments:

Post a Comment