Monday 7 September 2015

Busy Busy Busy!

I have been very busy over the last few days but it's all good!

Thursday was my first day back at work and then I had to hotfoot it down to Preston straight afterwards to attend a "Women on the run" training session.  

I am setting up a "Women on the run" beginners running club in Kendal and need to be trained before my first session on 28th September 2015.





I really enjoyed running with The Preston ladies and learnt a lot about how to pace a run to suit everyone's needs. We ran 5 miles in total and then went to the pub afterwards to discuss all the necessary paperwork.  I'm feeling excited about my new venture but slightly daunted too!


On Friday we had a team building day at work which comprised of us all going to Lake Windermere, building canoe rafts and paddling around the lake in our creations!  

The sun shone on us and we all had a fabulous time!  

Definitely a day to remember!

On Saturday I was supposed to be doing a 17K trail run at Keswick but due to being out of running for so long with my calf injury I decided not to risk running a 17K hilly route with very little training behind me. As it happens I didn't feel very well on Saturday either so had a rest day from running, I think I must be getting sensible in my old age! 

On Sunday I still didn't feel right but decided to try and "run it off". 

I felt sick for the first mile and really wasn't feeling it but then I started to feel a little better and managed to run 4.28 miles.


After a busy day at work today, with the newbie children being in for the first time I was desperate to get out for a run to destress! 

Despite it being exceptionally hot and sunny I really enjoyed this run and did just over 6 miles, and felt completely destressed at the end!



I started advertising my running club on Saturday and I am astounded that in 2 days I have managed to fill all 15 places!  

Kendal has obviously been waiting for a ladies running club!

3 weeks today until our first run!


No comments:

Post a Comment