Sunday 13 September 2015

Can't find the time to blog!

I am really struggling with everything that is going on in my life to find the time to blog!  I am just about managing to fit in exercise but with work and setting up my new running club I am feeling slightly stressed out!

With just coming back from injury it is quite good to be so busy as I don't have the time to be tempted to over do it on the running front!

It makes me laugh (or should I be totally honest and say it pisses me off big time!) when people claim to be injured but still continue training and running in races!  When I say I am injured it means I REALLY am injured and even with all the will in the world and determination I REALLY CANNOT run!

Some people just like to claim they are injured when they are no longer getting PB's instead of just admitting they are going through a bad period!

Anyhow, rant over!


On Tuesday night I went swimming with the Tri Club and was pleasantly suprised with how pleasant the water was!  A few days of good weather meant the lake had warmed up!  There was 24 of us at training tonight and we split into 2 groups.  As usual I went with the "short" group and swam a mile before being rewarded with coffee and lemon cake!

On Wednesday I had a well deserved rest day!  After having the new children in for 3 days I was exhausted and wilting!

On Thursday despite still feeling tired and full of cold I forced myself out for a run! It was a very hot and windy run but I was pleased with my efforts and managed to run 5.78 miles.



Friday was a particularly busy, hectic but very enjoyable day! 

After a full day at work I was in the Kendal Torchlight procession!


The only problem was that straight after getting rid of the kids at 3.30pm we had to "dress" our carnival float and ourselves before hotfooting it to the start at 6.30pm without a break!



Dressed as a giant crayola crayon I then had to walk along the carnival route (a total of 4.5 miles), but had a fantastic evening high fiving the crowds and dancing along! 

I didn't get home until 11pm so I was exhausted but it was well worth it!

On Saturday morning I woke up to torrential rain but was determined to run!  I donned my wet weather gear and headed out the door!  Surprisingly I really enjoyed my run in the wind and rain and managed 4.78 miles!




Today I stayed in bed with a cup of coffee and watched the Great North Run!  I really enjoyed watching the Elite runners! 

Its much easier than running it as I have done previously!

I was also very excited to discover that my running club had actually gone live on the website!  

We now officially exist!
You can view it here!  

2 weeks tomorrow we start!  Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment