Thursday 23 July 2015

Happy! Happy! Happy!

This morning I managed my first post-calf injury run!  My first successful run in 5 weeks!

I was feeling extremely anxious about it when I set off as I didn't want to end up back at square one again if it did what it did last time I tried a run!

It was a bright sunny but windy morning when I set off and I didn't really have a route in mind - I thought I would just run and if things didn't feel right I would come back!

I got past the 1 mile mark where my calf "pinged"  last time and started to feel slightly more positive that things would be OK.

I didn't dare push it too much and tried to keep a fairly slow and constant pace.

I was delighted to see my house come into view and I was still pain-free!

I had successfully run 3.39 miles at an average 9.12 minute mile pace!

It was slightly ouchy when I foam rollered it afterwards but when isn't foam rollering painful?!

Onwards and upwards!





No comments:

Post a Comment