Sunday 5 July 2015

Deferred and depressed!

Today was the day I have been training hard for, for the last 6 months - Windermere Standard Triathlon!  

However, due to my calf injury I have deferred it until 2016.  

I have found today particularly upsetting, especially since it was a perfect day weather wise for a tri and the lake was as calm as anything!

Anyhow, for once I made the sensible decision to defer rather than risk further injury and being out of action for even longer!

In the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to run further than half a mile without getting severe calf pain.  I haven't even tried to run or cycle for well over a week - I'm hoping completely resting it will allow it to heal.

However I have still managed to do Open Water Swimming and on Thursday evening I swam my furthest distance in open water.  I did 1.17 miles in 41 minutes and I felt like I could have kept on swimming!

I don't have any big goals to work towards anymore and this is making me feel very unmotivated and lazy!

Its getting to the point where I don't even want to run or cycle anymore!

I need to give myself a good talking to and get back out there!






No comments:

Post a Comment