Monday 6 July 2015

I was feeling optimistic!

Despite heavy rain I decided that I would try another run this evening! 

My calf felt fine after being rested for over a week and I actually felt quite enthusiastic about doing some exercise after feeling exceptionally down and depressed.

I felt great trepidation as I set off, expecting instant pain to strike my calf!

My confidence started to grow as I got past the half mile mark - this had been my sticking point in my previous runs!

I was just starting to enjoy myself and relax when like a bolt out the blue I got an excruciating pain in my calf again.  It was so bad I had to send a SOS call to my husband to pick me up - I couldn't even walk!  I had managed 1.10 miles before being stopped in my tracks.

This is beginning to really frustrate me!

However, at least I know I made the right decision to defer the triathlon!

I now have until the 3rd July 2016 to prepare myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment