Thursday 14 May 2015

Bricking it!

Tonight I did my last brick session and my last exercise before the big day!

I wanted to remind my legs what a brick session feels like so opted to do a very short cycle followed by a very short off road run! I did 4.7 miles on the bike, followed by a 1.13 mile run.  Altogether I was out just 36 minutes!  

I need to reserve all my energy for Saturday! Hopefully it will go some way to helping my legs overcome "THAT" feeling on Saturday!



Despite the fact I have harped on about just wanting to finish and survive this Tri I have found myself setting a goal finish time! 

So if all goes to plan and the weather is perfect I would be absolutely delighted if I could finish in 1 hour 40 minutes!

My "DREAM" goal time is made up of:

400m Open Water Swim: 12 minutes
Transition 1 (wet suit removal!): 4 minutes
20K (12.42 miles) Cycle: 55 minutes
Transition 2: 2 minutes
5K (3.10 miles) Trail Run: 27 minutes

Finish Time which dreams are made of: Sub 1 hour 40 minutes.
Realistic Finishing Time: Sub 1 hour 45 minutes.
Will be happy with: Sub 1 hour 50 minutes.

I have a full day at work tomorrow, hopefully followed by a restful evening and an early night so I am fully recovered and full of energy for Saturday ready to achieve my goals!


I CAN
I WILL
END OF STORY!


No comments:

Post a Comment