Wednesday 13 May 2015

Last dip before the big day!

Time is passing - a little too quickly for my liking and the big day is nearly here - My FIRST Open Water Triathlon!

Once I am out of the lake (and out of my wetsuit!) I will start to relax and enjoy the event (I hope) but at the moment I feel highly stressed about swimming in a lake I have never swam in before! 

I am STILL incapable of getting my wetsuit off in anything less than 10 minutes!  I will definitely put on a good show for any spectators as I hop from one foot to the other trying to get the big black monster to loosen its grip on my flesh! Transition times could be interesting!

Anyhow, this week is supposed to be a tapering week so on Monday I had a rest day!

Last night I headed back into Lake Windermere with the Tri Club and we swam 0.28 miles from Cockshott Point.  It was much calmer in the lake than last week but all the recent rain had also made it even colder!  However my confidence is slowly growing and I only had to resort to breaststroke on a couple of occasions whilst I composed myself!  Afterwards we enjoyed coffee and biscuits around the fire looking out onto the lake! I am definitely becoming jealous of the friends who live in this idyllic location!

Then tonight I met my new OW FB friend again in Lake Windermere and we swam 0.60 miles from Millerground. I actually enjoyed it tonight and felt fairly relaxed although I braved it without my wetsuit socks and gloves and my hands and feet were a tad cold afterwards! This will be my last dip before the big day!

I have somehow managed to cram 6 Open Water Swims in in the past 2 weeks, swimming a total of 1.9 miles!  I am hoping that is enough to get me confidently and swiftly through the 400m swim on Saturday! 

Scared doesn't even begin to describe how I feel! 

Image result for scared triathlon





I CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment