Thursday 19 March 2015

Running Hard!

After a sleepless night and a stressful day at work I really had to push myself to go for a run this evening.

From getting in at 4.30pm I thought about it and thought some more ... before finally forcing myself out the door at ten past 6!

It had been a lovely sunny day and it was still clear and warm out!  

I set off hoping to run about 7 miles with no set pace in mind.

The light nights had lulled me into thinking I didn't need a torch but for the last mile it got fairly dark with very little street lighting so I had to slow my pace due to the fear of disappearing down a hole or tripping over something!

Moral of the story is ... go for a run earlier and this won't be an issue!

I ran 7.71 miles at an average 9.16 minute mile pace.

Slower than I thought but then again I wasn't really pushing it!

After how weary I felt beforehand I was just pleased to have done the miles!

Only 9 days until Madrid Half Marathon and I really don't feel like these legs are prepared!

Rest Day tomorrow - Thankfully!





No comments:

Post a Comment