Saturday 21 March 2015

A quick spin!

Tomorrow I am doing the Eden Valley Epic 60 miles Cycle Sportive which I am feeling ever so slightly stressed about as I haven't really done much cycling recently!

I feel like one of those silly sods who run a marathon when 13 miles is the furthest they have ever run!  

I'm cycling 60 miles when the furthest I have cycled in recent months is 32 miles! Not sure where my legs (or undercarriage!) will find the extra 30 miles from!

On a positive note the weather looks good, so even if it takes me a long time I shouldn't suffer too badly!

Ideally I would like to do it in less than 5 hours but I think this will be a huge ask so if I come in under 6 hours I will be happy!

This morning just to remind my legs what cycling is all about and to try and instill some confidence in myself I went for a short blast on the bike.

It was a fabulous morning with the sun shining down although it was still fairly chilly!

Going up a hill on the way back home I past a male cyclist who was going at crawling pace!  Being "chicked" obviously did his ego no good at all as about 10 minutes later he came flying past me at a mighty speed as if to say "I'm crap at hills but I can still go faster than you!".  This gave me a little chuckle!

I did 8.85 miles at an average pace of 13.7 MPH.

I really enjoyed it today - Here's hoping I can maintain the pace tomorrow and enjoy it too!

My spares and tools are packed (not that I know what to do with them!) and I am all carbed up and ready to go!

Feeling nervous EXCITED!







No comments:

Post a Comment