Wednesday 18 March 2015

T30 and on it!

Tonight I went to The Tri Club Swimming session.

Image result for t30 swimming testAfter a warm-up and some technique drills we did a T30 endurance session.  This is a session where you swim continuously for 30 minutes at the maximum speed you can maintain.

I always groin at the thought of these endurace sessions but once I get going I quite enjoy the mindless gliding through the water with no worries!

The great thing about swimming with the tri club is we are all grouped and in lanes according to our ability and times, so there is no dilly day-dreamer holding you up!

Tonight in the 30 minutes I managed to swim 1450m or 58 lengths which is an average 33.20 minute mile pace or 2.04 minutes per 100m. Looking at my Garmin data I even managed to maintain a fairly even pace throughout! I didn't set off too fast and then die!

When I took my first T30 Test on the 21st January I swam 1400m, so I have managed to add 50m in 2 months!

I am chuffed with this tonight as it proves despite not feeling it I am actually getting faster!

Altogether with the warm-up, drills and cool down I did 2050 metres or 1.27 miles.

Feeling good!



No comments:

Post a Comment