Sunday 22 February 2015

Today I nailed my final workout for week 7 of Jantastic!

When I got up this morning it was cold and windy with a mix of rain, sleet and snow thrown into the mix!  Not ideal running conditions so I thought to myself "Later ... I will go later when it fairs up!"

I waited ... and waited... and waited!  The snow and sleet stopped but it was replaced with torrential rain.  Eventually, at around 2.30pm I had an "Its now or never" moment as I was taking my daughter to the train station at 4.30pm for her to return to uni after the holidays!

I flirted with the idea of going on the treadmill but just the thought of doing an hour in a hot and sweaty room looking at myself in the mirror soon put me off!  I donned my waterproof running jacket and set off!

It was very, very wet, windy and very cold!  I like to think I am committed to my training but the thought "I need committed" passed through my mind as I splashed through the deserted streets!

To make matters worse idiots in cars seem to think its hilarious to swerve as close to the kerb as possible to send a tidal wave over me!  I was not impressed but hey ho I tried to keep smiling - no doubt people probably thought I was an escaped lunatic!

My legs felt heavy and uncooperative (and I'm sure it wasn't from my water logged trainers but the after effects of cycling 31 miles yesterday!).

However, determined not to be beaten I continued pushing on and managed to run 5.75 miles at a relatively slow 9.29 minute mile pace.  Its a good job it was supposed to be an easy run as my legs weren't capable of giving any more! Any other day I would have run around the block to make it up to the 6 miles stated on the training plan but I was tired, wet, cold and not in good humour so I didn't!  5.75 miles was good enough for me!

When I got home I immediately stripped off my sodden clothes and my body looked like it had suffered a severe case of sunburn!  I have never seen such red fierce looking skin and I appreciated the steaming hot shower that thawed me out!!

Yesterday I dared to murmur the words "It feels like Spring" just for Winter to raise it's ugly head again!


This week, despite being away for a couple of nights I have still managed to meet my goal of 2 runs, 2 swims and 2 rides for the week with the added distance goal of one of the rides being over 20 miles. 

I did  one of the swims/ride/runs as a multi-sport brick session and my longest ride way exceeded my 20 miles distance goal being 31.23 miles.
My goal in

My 2 runs were 3.04 miles and 5.75 miles.
My 2 swims were 1.06 miles and 0.75 mile.
My 2 rides were 10.01 miles and 31.23 miles.



Altogether a total of 51.84 miles for the week, 132.88 miles for February and 325.22 miles for Jantastic!  


Week 1 miles = 45.08
Week 2 miles = 45.19
Week 3 miles = 54.60
Week 4 miles = 46.41


January Miles = 192.34 

Week 5 miles = 39.21
Week 6 miles = 41.83
Week 7 miles = 51.84


Week 8 starts tomorrow with a cycling distance goal of 25 miles and a 10K trail race thrown in too!  

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment