Saturday 21 February 2015

A longer than intended one!

When I woke up this morning it was a bright clear cold crisp sunny morning so I decided it was the ideal day to do my cycling workout whilst the weather was good!

I didn't have a route in  mind when I set off but I knew I wanted to cycle more than 20 miles which is my distance goal for this weeks Jantastic!

I just cycled where I fancied and investigated roads I hadn't been on before!  The only problem was the sun was so low and even with sunglasses on I couldn't see very much and one of my main concerns was - what could the cars see coming up behind me?  Despite wearing a fluorescent orange jacket I was slightly nervous about not being seen in the blinding sun.

Once I realised I had cycled 20 miles I decided it was time to head home not really knowing how far from home I actually was.

The sun had gone by this point and it had cooled down significantly with the wind picking up too.

My legs were beginning to feel tired but I pushed on! My confidence was growing and I really enjoyed being out on my bike covering bigger miles!

After cycling non-stop for 2 and a half hours I made it safely home! I had covered 31.24 miles at an average 12.7 mph pace.  I really must work on upping my speed if I am going to get a good time in my forthcoming triathlons.  You can view my route here.

It's a little worrying to think that in just 4 weeks I have twice this distance to cover when I ride in the Eden Valley Epic Cycle!

YIKES!

Only one run to do tomorrow to successfully complete week 7 of Jantastic!

Weather looks a little worrying but I'm sure I can brave the elements and do it!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment