Friday 20 February 2015

Delayed start to week 7

I have been on a short break to Dublin at the beginning of this week so consequently my training was momentarily put on hold!  Last time I was in Dublin I ran a marathon, this time I had absolutely no intention of running anywhere.  I was there to enjoy the sights and to soak up the atmosphere!

So on my return I had a lot of catching up to do if I was going to manage 2 swims, 2 runs and 2 rides this week.

Yesterday I decided to get straight on it and went to the gym where I did 30 minutes on the watt bike and covered 10 miles, then went straight onto the treadmill and ran 3.04 miles in 26 minutes at an average 8.37 minute mile pace.  Immediately after this gym session I went into the pool and swam 1200 metres in 28 minutes!

I had completed my own little mini triathlon albeit in the wrong order!

I was pleased with getting 3 workouts done in one session and felt great afterwards!

Today I did another swim session and managed 1700 metres (1.05 miles) in 40 minutes. 

I was amazed that on both days the pool was relatively quiet considering its half term and I only had to share my lane with one other person!  

Perhaps the New Year first flush of love for exercise has now diminished  - here's hoping!  It feels so much better not having to fight for space!

So that's 2 swims, 1 cycle and 1 run complete.  Just 1 cycle and 1 run to do in the next 2 days!

Back on it! 

Bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment