Sunday 15 February 2015

Feeling G R E A T!

Going great guns now and feeling fantastic!

On Thursday I was still feeling tired after the double session the day before so decided to go to the gym to do a bike/run brick session.

I took it fairly gently on the watt bike and managed to do 9.5 miles in 30 minutes before going straight onto the treadmill.  I only did 15 minutes on the treadmill and covered just 2 miles but it's the bike to run transition that I am wanting to practice so at this stage in the game the distance don't really matter as I'm doing it more for the experience!

Thankfully Friday was my rest day and I really, really needed it as after a very busy week at work I was exhausted.

I felt a lot better on Saturday morning and it was a lovely sunny day so I went for a little solo ride on my bike!  I really enjoyed it and did 17.36 miles albeit very slowly!  I was too busy taking in the scenery to worry about being speedy!  Perhaps that's why I need to train with others - I'm definitely a lazy cyclist!


When I woke up this morning it was another beautiful day and I felt quite excited to be going out for a run in the sun!  I wore my three quarter running pants and a long sleeve top but I was so hot I wished I had gone for shorts and a vest!  

However, I ran 6.28 miles at a 8.51 minute mile pace which I am quite pleased with after the hard week I have had!

So that rounds up week 6 of my Tri Training Plan as well as week 6 of Jantastic.


I have again exceeded my goal of 2 runs, 2 swims and 2 rides for the week with the added distance goal of one of the swims being 1800m. 

I have actually done 3 runs, 2 swims and 2 rides this week with one of the ride/runs being a brick session and my longest swim was 1950 metres.

My goal inMy 3 runs were  4.39 miles, 2.03 miles and 6.28 miles.
My 2 swims were 1.06 miles and 1.21 miles.
My 2 rides were 9.5 miles and 17.36 miles.



Altogether a total of 41.83 miles for the week, 81.04 miles for February and 273.38 miles for Jantastic!  


Week 1 miles = 45.08
Week 2 miles = 45.19
Week 3 miles = 54.60
Week 4 miles = 46.41


January Miles = 192.34 

Week 5 miles = 39.21
Week 6 miles = 41.83
Week 7 starts tomorrow!  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment