Monday 2 February 2015

A Backwards Brick!




Today is the start of week 5 of Jantastic and week 5 in my Tri Training Plan!

As its now February I am renaming Jantastic Febulous!

To kick start the week I did another brick session - well actually it was a backwards brick session!  

Usually in a triathlon swimming is the first discipline followed by cycling. However today I reversed this and did the cycle first!

I went to the gym and did a 30 minute session on the Watt bike covering 9.17 miles before plunging into the pool and completing 1400 metres (0.87 mile).

Strangely the gym was unusually quiet and I got straight on the bike without any hanging around or being forced to do any fill in strength exercises!

Unfortunately the same can't be said about the pool!  

There was a lot of macho type men who thought they were the superhero's of the swimming world! Trying to prove their prowess they pelted up the pool at break neck speed only to then hang on to the side gasping for breath for 5 minutes before repeating again! 

By the time they had done 100 metres they had slowed to snail pace with a very ungainly technique and were basically getting in the way!

I tried not to let it annoy me and managed to swim 1400 metres in 33 minutes!

I am planning on this week being an easy week as I have my first ever Trail Half Marathon at Grizedale on Sunday and need my legs to be as fresh as possible!

I am hoping to do the vast majority of my workouts at the beginning of the week allowing me a little tapering time before race day!

Another brick tomorrow!  This time I will do a bike/run session!

Swim Bike Run for Crohn's

Feeling strong!  

Feeling good! 

Feeling on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment