Sunday 18 January 2015

Week 2 of Tri Training and Jantastic done!

Yesterday I went out for Lunch and Cocktails to celebrate a friends birthday and it somehow evolved into a night session too!  This morning when I eventually crawled out of my bed the world had turned white overnight blanketed in snow! 

I had arranged to go on a run this afternoon (thankfully) with a friend who is a total mad woman when it comes to running and does silly things like the Lakeland 100!

Snow, a hangover and a run with her are not the ideal combination!

Thankfully by the time 3 O Clock came around the snow had started to thaw, and my head had begun to stop throbbing!

I stupidly arranged to meet her at her house which just happens to be at the bottom of a bloody big hill - and you've guessed it she made me run up it at what felt like a mighty pace!  She even expected me to have a conversation with her whilst I was doing it!

It certainly wasn't a good start!

However, I gritted my teeth and hung in there as we ran up and over Cunswick Scar and Scoutscar!  It's very hard not to smile when you are surrounded by such stunning scenery!

Thankfully,I got a couple of quick breathers when my friend decided to take some photos!  Unfortunately for me her photography skills are the same as her running ones - F A S T!




I had dressed prepared for the weather and was actually too hot after about 4 miles! However, by the time we got to 8 miles it felt like someone had turned the temperature control down several notches - the temperature just plummeted!  I was very grateful for the extra layers!

We had also gone prepared with head torches but we got back just as the last light faded!




All in all despite being absolutely exhausted I really enjoyed this run!  

What doesn't kill you ... and all that!

We did 10.2 miles over some fairly technical terrain (well it was as far as I'm concerned!). You can view my run here!


Week 2 of my Tri Training Plan is complete and I have smashed week 2 of Jantastic too - I have again reached my goal of 2 runs, 2 swim and 2 rides for the week.

My 2 runs were 10.2 miles and 3.56 miles.
My 2 swims were 0.71 mile and 0.84 mile.
My 2 rides were 15.44 miles and 14.44 miles.

Altogether a total of 45.19 miles!


Week 3 starts tomorrow!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment