Monday 19 January 2015

Just keep swimming!

Week 3 of Janatastic and week 3 of Tri Training!

Tonight was swimming night and after last weeks over crowded experience I wasn't really looking forward to it!

I decided to go 30 minutes later to see if this made any difference, and thankfully it did!  It was very busy when I first got in the pool but within 10 minutes it was like an evacuation scene from Jaws and everyone got out!  I actually ended up sharing my lane with just one other person!  It was very strange!

Loving it, Loving it, Loving it ... tonight I was definitely feeling it, I swam 2000 metres in 51 minutes and it almost felt effortless!  

I swam a pyramid session starting with 100 metres and building up to 150m, 200m, 250m, 400m before coming back down with 300m, 200m. 200m, 100m finishing off with 100m. I had 30 seconds rest between each set!

For once everything seemed to come together and I actually started to believe that I AM getting better and that I CAN do this!

Hopefully all my hard work is finally starting to pay off!

Running tomorrow!

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment