Saturday 9 July 2016

WET ... and Windy!

After a fantastic night out last night where I enjoyed one or two too many cocktails I woke up this morning feeling slightly delicate!

It took me until well after lunch-time to even contemplate moving very far, and by 2 O'Clock I decided a little bit of fresh air might do me good so we ventured out in the rain to take the dog for a short 2 mile walk!

It worked wonders!

So much so that by the time we got back I decided I would risk a run!  

What better way to get all the toxins out of my body!!

It was raining torrentially but I decided if I wore my shorts and vest I wouldn't be too uncomfortable as it was still very warm although exceptionally windy!

Shorts and vest worked well as there wasn't too much wet fabric sticking to my skin!

What I want to know is what pleasure do motorists have in aiming for the biggest puddle as near to the kerb as possible to drench those trying to be fit and healthy! GGGRRRR!

Anyhow, despite this minor irritation (I was already drenched so it really didn't make that much difference), I enjoyed being out and enjoyed putting my body through it's paces - however, I don't think my body would agree as it seemed to be objecting about every step!  
However, I pushed on and managed 3.62 miles at a 8:51 minute mile pace! 

Not too bad for a hangover run!

Once I got home I had just enough time to get showered before having to head off to Manchester Airport to pick my Daughter up from her Thailand adventures!  

We were incredibly lucky as there was an accident on the M6 which probably happened about 10 minutes before we passed it so the traffic was still flowing fairly freely in 2 lanes, however 10 minutes later the entire Southbound M6 was closed for the Air Ambulance to land!  If we had been slightly earlier we might have been caught up in the collision, if we had been slightly later we wouldn't have got to the airport on time ... if at all as it is still closed 6 hours later!

I call that impeccable timing!


No comments:

Post a Comment