Saturday 16 July 2016

Parkrun Meet-up!

I went out last night knowing I had to get up early this morning to go to Fell Foot Parkrun with the Women on the Run Kendal Ladies to meet up with the Women on the Run Preston Ladies!

My famous last words "I'm not drinking much tonight" were soon forgotten after the first jug of Pimms!

Despite the bad weather we had a great night and still managed to BBQ and cook Pizza in the garden Pizza Oven!

I got home at round 11.00pm after consuming a lethal cocktail of drinks including Pimms, Cider, Prosecco and Gin!

I had a dreadful night sleep and was actually pleased when my alarm went off at 7.30am and I could get up to face the day!

However, facing the day was slightly harder than anticipated and I didn't feel up to running 5K!

Thankfully I wasn't driving so had an additional 30 minutes to pull myself together on the journey!

Once we got there meeting all the ladies took my mind off just how rough I was feeling and I actually enjoyed the run!  I ran with one of my ladies to try and help her run a PB and I was delighted that she did! Our official time was 30.43 which she was chuffed with!

Afterwards we enjoyed a much needed coffee in the cafe by the lake!!!

When will I ever learn?






No comments:

Post a Comment